jeudi 10 mars 2011

I've hit "the wall"

Well I am not usually one for coming up with good metaphors, analogies, what have you.  So I apologize for the extremely cheesy one that I have just come up with.  But here it is.
I feel that I have hit "the wall".  You know, "the wall" that runners hit when running a marathon.  Only, I have been forced to run this marathon, it wasn't really my choice.  I know that after I make it to the finish line, I will have learned a lot from my experience and I will also have lost a lot of weight because of all of the exercise.  I can even tell my kids (when we eventually have them in 20-30 years.....) that I ran a marathon.  Plus, it will look great on my resume.  There have been times where I have been sick, and times when my husband has been here, running along side me and cheering me on (he is always cheering me on, just from farther away)  But I am tired of being pushed around by the smelly, hairy and often times rude runners. Which, if they are running, they should also take other health issues into concern such as smoking, they all smoke.  I am also tired of having to navigate my path between the other runners and the dog poop.  And the runners really love yelling, so my head always wants to burst, tired of hearing them blabber on for hours.
Well anyways, I would love to just quit and go home, but I know that I can't, and I am not even halfway done.  I miss home so much, and more than my husband, family and friends.  I just miss the US in general and the strangers that just smile and say hello as they pass on the street, that would be considered quite strange here.  I still miss tacos even though we made them just a week ago.  Every day is a countdown until I get to go home.  I no longer have the energy and excitement that I first had at the beginning of the race.

3 commentaires:

  1. Feeling for you Carrie! It is hard to be away from what you know and love - the important stuff, family and friends, and the unimportant, tacos, nice strangers etc. I think of you often and remember what it was like to miss things for just a few days. Can't imagine months worth. If you ever need to chat look me up on Skype or Facebook. Even if you don't have anything to say but want a friendly face and ear, I'm here!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A passage that has helped me get through some hard times:
    1 Peter 1
    3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

    I love you sissa!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh lovey, you aint got no time at all until you are back in the states. You need to be focusing on making sure that once you are back here, you do not regret missing something about France. You are focusing on how much you want to be here, and you are probably missing so many fantastic things about France!
    I'm gonna whip you into shape lovey! Because married me would LOVE to be in France right now. But unfortunately, I chose a major that didn't allow me such a luxury. You chose a major that did! go you!!!
    J and I love you dearly and know that you are an incredibly resilient creature. There has got to be 5 things about France that you enjoy.

    RépondreSupprimer